Why You Need Bath Salts for Your Sore Muscles and Pain
Bath salts are my favorite to soothe my week’s ache. What does bath salt do for sore muscles you ask? Hear me out!
2 years ago, I had a very bad muscle pull. I tried all forms of therapy and strong medicines, but nothing brought me instant relief. A while down the road, when I realized no amount of medicines will help me, I took a plunge for natural home remedies. And there accidentally I met everyone's favorite aesthetic relief form, bath salts.
What are Bath Salts?
Bath salts are an inexpensive method to treat mental and physical tensions.
Bath salts for sore muscles have been famously used for relaxing tight muscles and soothing body aches. Previously seen as an added luxury, bath salts are now becoming a necessity for our past faced life. Imagine getting into a hot muscle relaxer bath salt soak to unwind from a long hectic day! I mean just the thought of putting you to sleep, doesn't it?!
Health Benefits of Bath Salts for Sore Muscles
Bath salts have multiple benefits other than being a body relaxant. If you have been using bath salts previously here is how it can be beneficial for your health:
- Muscle stiffness and muscle ache
- Aching stiff joints
- Relieving joint pain like arthritis
- Blood circulation problems
- Relieves headaches
- Releases stress and anxiety
- Helping with dry itchy skin
How to use Bath Salt for Muscle Pain/Sore Muscles
There are many ways to use bath salts. Based on what you are looking to treat, bath salts can be used in many forms and ways.
A detox bath is especially for cramped muscles and soreness. When I first discovered bath salts, body detox is what excited me the most. Detox works in an amazing way. It helps in removing harmful toxins from your body.
It also aids in your overall health relieves stress, body aches, helps ease the issue of constipation and in some dies, it has also been shown to assist with weight loss.
How to take a salt bath for sore muscles
In order to make a bath salt for soaking, simply;
- Use 2 full cups of bath salt for a standard tub half-filled with warm water.
- Pour the salt into running water for dissolving it fast
- Now put yourself in the tub and soak yourself in the tub for 10 to 20 minutes.
- You can also add essential oils of your choice and may add herbs for a more aromatic effect.
How long to soak in bath salt for sore muscles
You can soak in bath salt depending on different health conditions. You can prolong your salt soak if you want to treat constipation, cure backache and release tense muscles.
Skin Irritation and Inflammation
Bath salts are specially made to give instant relief to irritated skin. If you suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or even suffer from athlete's foot, then getting a good salty soak will do the trick for you.
Bath salts for sore muscles are not there for soak only, you can use them without a bathtub. You can enjoy bath salts as a scrub. All you have to do is;
- Use 1 cup of bath salts, ⅓ cup of any of your favorite oils with 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil to help last the longevity of the scrub made.
- Apply the scrub on partially wet skin. For the best result, you can also use it on your dry skin.
- Massage the scrub on your skin for 5 minutes and then rinse it off using lukewarm water.
4 Best Bath Salts for Sore Muscles
After a lot of hits and trials here is my list of best bath salts for muscle recovery and pain.
1. Coach Soak Muscle Recovery- Energising Citrus
One of the best baths soaks for giving you a boost of energy, while drastically reducing muscle inflammation.
2. Coach Soak Muscle Recovery - Eucalyptus Tea Tree
Tea tree is an active ingredient that has strong antibacterial properties. It helps in healing and refreshing your body, all the while providing a hefty detox.
3. Coach Soak Muscle Recovery - Cooling Peppermint
Specially designed for relieving muscular pain. This particular bath soak is amazing to help relieve muscle soreness.
4. Coach Soak Muscle Recovery - Calming Lavender
Calming lavender is particularly designed to soothe your nerves and calm your mind. You can experience a luxurious dip to relax after a long hard day.
Bath soaks are a great getaway treat for not only you but also your body. Plus! They come with many potential health benefits. Let us know which bath salt you are going to use to end your week!