Magnesium flake benefits are endless once you get to know about them. Magnesium flakes are rich in magnesium chloride, which is the most natural form of magnesium. Magnesium flakes are a great form of replenishing your body with magnesium. Magnesium is an essential nutrient required by our body for releasing muscle tension and treating muscle soreness.
Now when it comes to getting the most of magnesium flakes benefits, how can one do that?
The fastest way to absorb maximum magnesium in your body is through a magnesium bath soak.
How does Magnesium Flakes Soak work?
Magnesium flakes when put in warm water can easily be dissolved to form a magneses solution. When we soak ourselves in the warm solution, our bodies immediately absorb magnesium through our skins. Some of some important benefits of magnesium are;
- Supports healthy bones
- Improves skin barrier
- Helps with relaxation of muscles
- Releases muscular tension
- Improves blood regulation and temperature of body
What does Soaking in Magnesium do?
Magnesium baths have been known for its several benefits for body and mind well being. A magnesium bath is a total relaxation process. Our body gets depleted of energy reservoirs and magnesium plays a crucial part in over 300 biochemical reactions.
Most people consume magnesium through supplements but even then optimum levels for healthy body function might not be fully achieved. This is why skin absorption through active osmosis is a great way of getting the best of magnesium chloride.
A good magnesium bath can bring you the best of magnesium flake benefits. Keep reading to find more about how to boost your health with a simple magnesium soak.
How do you use Magnesium Flakes?
There are several beneficial ways of getting magnesium flakes benefits through soaks.
You can use it for foot or body soak.
- Take a cup full of magnesium chloride flakes and mix it in 3-5 liters of warm water.
- Make sure the water is neither very hot or too subtle for the mix to not dissolve quickly.
- You can change the proportions of warm water and salt according to your liking and need.
- Make sure that your feet are fully submerged in the warm water mix
- Now relax your feet for 15-20 minutes
Full Body Baths
- Take 2 full cups of magnesium salt flakes and mix it in a running warm bath.
- You can also tip in some lavender oil to further calm your nerves and provide relaxation
- Submerge yourself in the warm mix for 30 minutes.
You can always increase magnesium flakes as per your need.
Side Tip: If you are not a bath person, you can also prepare a magnesium chloride flakes DIY body scrub!
Here is How you can do it!
- Take a big mixing bowl and add 1.5 cups of magnesium salt in it
- Add half cup of sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
- Add few drops of lavender or lemon essential oil (optional)
- If you have dry, irritated or inflamed skin, you can also add some honey for a moisturised well-nourished skin.
- Give everything a good mix and store in a glass jar (no plastic clutter here lovelies!)
Before showering, make sure to dry brush your whole body. Then wet your hands or your desired skin for scrubbing slightly for a smooth application of the DIY magnesium scrub. Now take a big dollop of the scrub and massage it on your skin in circular motions for 2 minutes. Once you have thoroughly massaged your body with the scrub you can leave it on for an additional 5 minutes before completely washing away the magnesium flakes.
FAQs on Magnesium Chloride Flakes
Can I use magnesium flakes when pregnant?
Absolutely! Magnesium is one of the most essential nutrients in the development of a baby. Bath soaks, DIY scrubs and foot soaks are completely safe for you and your baby.
What is the difference between magnesium flakes and Epsom salt?
Epsom salts have a low concentration of magnesium in them as compared to magnesium flakes. Magnesium flakes have a considerably higher concentration of magnesium chloride in it.
Does regular use of magnesium flakes make it beneficial for my health?
Absolutely! Magnesium chloride flakes are very good and healthy for every age and group. Once you start regular use you can experience electrolyte balance, release of muscular fatigue and healthier bones and teeth!